Electric Cloud is pleased to announce the general availability of the ElectricFlow 8.2 FR. This release is of the “Feature Release” type. For more information about types of releases, please go to ElectricFlow Release Strategy.
ElectricFlow 8.2 FR introduces a new approach to authoring, planning and visualizing releases.
Some of the highlights are:
A comprehensive new way to Plan, Schedule and Track Releases
Managing enterprise releases is hard. It requires meticulous planning of various deliverables and milestones, tracking the progress, and adjusting on the fly. ElectricFlow 8.2 transforms the way Release Managers and others can plan, schedule and track Releases.
- Plan your releases with precision, defining each milestone and expected delivery date. In addition to existing schedule information on the overall release, you can now create start and end dates on stages including at the task level for focused granularity on plans and schedules.
- Track your progress with the planned vs actual view, a timeline that shows your progress and where you are on your milestones. See how you are doing relative to the plan, and easily isolate delays.
- Deep insight into total time spent per stage, and time spent in automated vs manual activities, to quickly identify bottlenecks and opportunities for process optimization and automation.
- A brand new Release Management experience with simplified release pipeline authoring and easier access to various management views.
Identify and manage conflicts with a unified Release and Environment Calendar
For organizations managing multiple releases across multiple teams and shared environments at the same time, it is critical to have centralized visibility to identify schedule and resource conflicts. The new Releases Calendar gives a top down perspective of all releases and environment reservations in one view. With this new Calendar view you can:
- Track completed, in-progress and planned releases in one view
- Visualize delivery timelines, environment availability and blackout periods together to zero in on conflicts
A new Dashboard to view Microservices metrics
As microservices are now a foundational element to digital transformation strategies, it’s vitally important to have a complete view of where they are, how they are performing. ElectricFlow DevOps Insight now includes a new dashboard which highlights key metrics specific to microservice deployments. The Microservice Deployments dashboard includes insight into microservice deployment throughput, success rates, cluster utilization and more.
Dashboard drill downs for faster root cause analysis
In ElectricFlow 8.2, new drill down capabilities are now supported in all DevOps Insight dashboards. By simply clicking on reports, you have access to the data behind each metric. For example, click on the Completed bar in the Release Completion report to view the detailed list of releases, or click the red slice of a Deployments pie chart to view the failed deployments for further analysis. With new drill down capabilities, quickly zero in on hotspots and bottlenecks, and gain a deep understanding of the data.
New Hierarchy Menus: Simplified modeling and navigation
ElectricFlow 8.1 introduced a new hierarchy menu for simplifying navigation and authoring of applications. Now in 8.2 this focus continues with faster authoring for new and experienced users through new hierarchy menus in Environments, Pipelines and Releases. Following the same patterns as in applications, these new menus provide an easy to understand view of the model structure and where you are within it, highlight any missing pieces and streamline navigation across the objects.
- EC-SonarQube: A new plugin to integrate static code analysis into your pipelines that can feed into quality gates to proactively ensure quality and security
- We are continuing to strengthen our suite of microservices deployment integrations with updates to Container platform plugins:
- Support for deployment strategies for such as canary and blue/green deployments to the Kubernetes based plugins
- Updates to integrations with Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker and Google Container Engine
- Updates and improvements to the HP ALM, Jenkins, JIRA and ServiceNow plugins
Download ElectricFlow 8.2 FR from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the Electric Cloud Sharefile at https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com
- Navigate to: /products/flow/release_8.2/18.104.22.168717/ or click here: 22.214.171.124717
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the /products/commander/integrations directory
- Release notes and product documentation are available online: ElectrircFlow Documentation
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricFlow Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Upgrades to ElectricFlow 8.2 FR are supported from ElectricCommander 4.2.x, ElectricFlow 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.0.1, 8.0.2 and 8.1 versions. Systems that are pre-4.2 must be upgraded to ElectricCommander 4.2.x before upgrading to ElectricFlow 8.2. For complete upgrade requirements and instructions, please see the ElectricFlow Installation Guide.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact the product management team at Electric Cloud for this or any ElectricFlow releases at firstname.lastname@example.org