Workspaces can grow to large numbers of job entries. A quick method for archiving jobs is to create a second workspace and make the first workspace a backup workspace to the newly created workspace. To do this, use the ElectricCommander feature called Alternate Workspace For Display, implemented through a workspace property named alternateWorkspaceForDisplay.
For a workspace named A:
- Create a new workspace named B.
- Set the alternate workspace for display to a workspace named C.
Do this by creating a property on workspace B called alternateWorkspaceForDisplay and setting its value to the name of the alternate workspace, C.
- Stop the Commander server.
If you are unable to stop the server, currently running jobs using workspace A will fail while the next two steps are executed.
- Rename directory A to C.
- Rename directory B to A.
- Start the Commander server if you had previously stopped it.
- Product versions: pre-4.2 releases of ElectricCommander
- OS versions: Linux and Windows