This article discusses how to create one view for all users.
On a dedicated system, use the property "defaultView" to capture all users in a single view.
- In the ec_ui property sheet "availableViews", create a property describing the view for your users.
- Create a property in ec_ui called "defaultView".
- Create a group containing the users that you want to give a restricted view.
- Use ACLs so only the group can see the property "defaultView".
- Create a property called "restrictedView". Go to: Administration -> Server -> Custom Server Properties -> ec_ui -> availableViews
- Add the following property value:
- Create a property called "defaultView" with value "restrictedView". Go to: Administration -> Server -> ec_ui -> Create Property.
- Create a User called "Guest". Go to: Administration -> Users -> Create local User.
- Create a Group called "RestrictedUsers". Go to: Administration -> Groups -> Create local Group.
- Add user "Guest" to try things locally.
- Add "ECloud LDAP", the local Electric Cloud LDAP users group
- Set the default view for "Guest". Use: ectool setProperty /groups/licenses/ec_ui/defaultView restrictedView or set the property equivalent through the GUI.
- Follow the procedures in the following Knowledge Base articles to set up the remaining ACLs:
- As the ACL restrictions articles recommend, turn on your restrictions by removing the Server "access control" Everyone permissions.