Your company directory provider changes your name because of:
- Company naming convention changes, such as from first name first to last name first, or underscore to dot name notation.
After the name change, when you log into ElectricFlow, you have lost all user settings because ElectricFlow thinks you are a new user.
In addition, the previous Access Control Lists (ACLs) are no longer recognized.
- Perform a full ElectricFlow Export.
- Use the editor of your choice to change all occurrences of the old name to the new name.
- Reimport the modified Export.
This is the only way to preserve all of the Access Control Lists (ACL)
Change the ElectricFlow database directly using the following steps
- As a ElectricFlow admin, use ectool to delete the newly created user name. This name was created from the latest, new, login.
- It is safest to shut down ElectricFlow but this can work when ElectricFlow is running.
- Find the previous user name in the following ElectricFlow table fields and use a SQL tool to change the name to the new name
- in cc_user, the name, owner and last_modified_by
- in ec_acl_entry, the principal_name only when the principal_type is "user"
- in ec_credential, the user
- Restart ElectricFlow if you had previously shut it down.
- Log in as the user and ensure the user setting were preserved.