You may experience intermittent Mount::set couldn't create directory "C:\<directory>" errors after using ecconfig to set all of the agent usernames to the same value. This is because the registry fails to set a registry key to -matchuser 0. (The registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ElectricAgent\Parameters, string value "extraArgs".)
The -matchuser options are as follows:
- -matchuser 0 Processes are identified as belonging to the agent by strict process inheritance only; the username is ignored. This means that any action that proxies through an already running service or the client-server runtime subsystem will fail to locate files under emake roots, as will many OLE operations (such as accessing documents through Microsoft Office).
- -matchuser 1 Processes are identified as belonging to the agent by process inheritance or by matching the username of the agent.
Do one of the following:
- Uninstall and reinstall the agents; or
- Contact Electric Cloud Customer Support to obtain the registry files that set the appropriate registry key
- Product versions: 4.4 and later
- OS versions: All Windows