The VS IDE Add-in is installed, but the Electric Cloud menu is missing and the Tools menu item is corrupted (shows "Electric Cloud").
The add-in may throw an exception similar to the following:
3:Error: Adding Build menu item: Could not load file or assembly 'stdole, Version=7.0.3300.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
This occurs because the add-in requires stdole.dll to be installed and registered.
1. Close all instances of Visual Studio.
2. Uninstall the add-in from Control Panel.
3. Open a command prompt and register the DLL manually (Adjust the path to gacutil.exe accordingly.):
"%PROGRAM_FILES%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\gacutil.exe" -i ""%PROGRAM_FILES%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies\stdole.dll"
Run Visual Studio and check if the Electric Cloud menu is present.
4. If Step 3 doesn't work, install the Office 2003 Update: Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=20923
This resets the menus.
6. Re-install the add-in and run Visual Studio.
- Product version: VS IDE Add-in