The 5.0 release includes numerous fixes and performance enhancements, as well as the following features:
Electrify enables non-make, parallel build tools to use ElectricAccelerator cluster resources to accelerate builds. Using Electrify, build tools can distribute to cores in the cluster, leveraging ElectricAccelerator’s existing file system technology and job management to provide access to many more cores.
Electrify is available for Windows and Linux and currently supports the following tools:
- MSBuild for Visual Basic and C# projects
Extensive documentation for Electrify is available in chapter 11 of the Electric Make User’s Guide
The subbuild feature provides fast component builds through intelligent build avoidance. Subbuild calculates and then builds only the objects necessary for your component.
Numerous Additional Fixes and Enhancements
Please refer to the release notes (in the docs directory) for a complete listing of enhancements and fixes.
Download ElectricAccelerator 5.0 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp
- Navigate to the accel-5.0.0 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
Contact Customer Support with issues related to this release at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Scott Castle, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricAccelerator release at 408-419-4324 or email@example.com.