Electric Cloud is pleased to announce the immediate availability of ElectricAccelerator release 5.1.1. Please refer to the release notes for a full listing of the improvements provided in this service release.
For customers who have not yet upgraded to the 5.1 release, this version offers performance and stability enhancements, and includes multiple improvements to the installation experience and supported platforms. Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade ElectricAccelerator to version 5.1.1. The release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricAccelerator 5.1.x includes several new features including:
- New Installer – ElectricAccelerator 5.1.x includes a new installer which is faster, easier to use, and more compatible with a wider range of host operating systems.
- New Platforms – Version 5.1.x includes platform support for a broad range of new platforms, including:
- SuSE 11 (32- or 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 9.10 (32- or 64-bit) and 8.04 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit) and Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 – ElectricAccelerator 5.1.x includes support for ElectricAccelerator VisualStudio Add-In 3.0, which is compatible with the new VisualStudio 2010 release.
Download ElectricAccelerator 5.1.1 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp/ or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the accel-5.1.1 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Platform-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux directories.
- VisualStudio Add-In 3.0 is in the VSP-3.0.0 directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
ElectricAccelerator 5.1.1 supports upgrades from version 4.x and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricAccelerator” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Contact Customer Support with issues related to this release at email@example.com.