This release includes improved GNU Make compatibility, enhancements for large clusters, Cygwin 1.7.7 support and autofs5 support. Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade their Accelerator components: Cluster Manager, cluster nodes (agent machines), and all local emake build machines to version 5.4. Release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricAccelerator 5.4 new features include:
- GNU Make compatibility - Improved compatibility includes support for the following:
- $(eval) in rule bodies
- GNU Make –L
- Enhancements for large clusters
- Priority Pools - Allows you to define resource pools that can be prioritized differently among groups so the pool’s “owner” always have first priority to use that pool’s resources.
- Additional Cluster Reports
- Grid Host Manager - New grid adapter to allow integration with any system that can manage agents
- Cygwin 1.7.7 support
- Autofs5 automounter support
Download ElectricAccelerator 5.4 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the accel-5.4 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Platform and architecture-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux directories.
- VisualStudio Add-In 3.0.3 is in the VSP-3.0.3 directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Accelerator 5.4 supports upgrades from version 4.4 and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricAccelerator” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact Vijay Damojipurapu, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricAccelerator release at 408-419-4330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.