This release of ElectricAccelerator contains a number of new features that improve reliability and maintainability of an ElectricAccelerator deployment.
- Improved data integrity cross-checks to protect against errors introduced by unreliable networks -
Improved integrity checks ensure that received data is not altered during network transfer.
- Cluster Manager chargeback reporting - The new Build User Statistics report captures ElectricAccelerator usage statistics for each user/hostname/IP address and shows how many builds were run, their duration, wait time, and workload.
- Multiple network interface support - You can now configure ElectricAccelerator to use two networks for eMake-to-agent communications, and select which network to use for a particular build. For example, different eMake client machines may connect to the same cluster using different networks. Refer to the Multi-interface Configuration Technical Notes (available from the Electric Cloud FTP site) for information about configuring and using this feature.
- Additional platform support - ElectricAccelerator now supports the following platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 and 6.2
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Additional tool support - ElectricAccelerator now supports Cygwin 1.7.9 and ClearCase 8.0
Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade their Accelerator components: Cluster Manager, cluster nodes (agent machines), and all local emake build machines to version 6.1. See the Release Notes for a summary of all product improvements and known issues.
Download ElectricAccelerator 6.1 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the accel-6.1 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Platform and architecture-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux directories.
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Accelerator 6.1 supports upgrades from all currently supported versions. See the “Upgrading ElectricAccelerator” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact David Rosén, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricAccelerator release at +1-408-419-4313 or email@example.com.