This v7.1 release of ElectricAccelerator contains a number of new features that improve performance, reliability and maintainability of an ElectricAccelerator deployment.
New features and functionality:
- Schedule optimization - ElectricAccelerator will use performance and dependency information from previous builds in order to optimize the runtime ordering of jobs in subsequent builds, enabling the 'best possible' build performance for a given build with fewer agents than with previous versions.
- Javadoc caching - ElectricAccelerator will cache and reuse output of Javadoc files, significantly improving performance in e.g. the Android platform build.
- ElectricAccelerator now supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4.
- Starting with v7.1, ElectricAccelerator no longer supports the following platforms:
- Ubuntu 9.10
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003, 64-bit
- Solaris 9
- Any Solaris version on the Cluster Manager machine
- ElectricAccelerator no longer supports Ant emulation.
- For new Cluster Manager installations, ElectricAccelerator now installs MariaDB as the default local database. For Cluster Manager upgrades, MariaDB replaces the local MySQL database (if applicable)
Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade their ElectricAccelerator components: Cluster Manager, cluster nodes (agent machines), and all local emake build machines to version 7.0. See the Release Notes for a summary of all product improvements and known issues.
Download Instructions for Sharefile
Download ElectricAccelerator 7.1.0 from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the Electric Cloud Sharefile at https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com
- Navigate to the /products/accelerator/release_7.1/18.104.22.168644 directory
- Platform and architecture-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux directories.
Documentation is available on Zendesk Accelerator Documentation.
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
ElectricAccelerator 7.1 supports upgrades from all currently supported versions. See the “Upgrading ElectricAccelerator” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact David Rosén, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricAccelerator release at +1-408-419-4313 or email@example.com.