This v7.2 release of ElectricAccelerator contains several new features that improve performance, compatibility, and usability of an ElectricAccelerator deployment along with fixes for customer-reported problems.
New Features and Improvements
- GNU Make Performance (Linux): Performance is significantly improved for multi-threaded applications and applications using directory "read" operations (such as those using the "find" utility).
- Parse Avoidance: Parse avoidance can now be used with makefile targets containing wildcard options, which is useful for Android platform builds.
- Usability: A new feature enables eMake to discover the default command options from a configuration file named emake.conf, which eliminates the need to enter options from the command line. This feature also allows for easy sharing of an eMake configuration across the team.
- Additional Platform Support: ElectricAccelerator now supports the following platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
- Ubuntu 13.04
Electric Cloud recommends that all customers upgrade their ElectricAccelerator components to version 7.2: Cluster Manager, cluster nodes (agent machines), and all local eMake build machines.
Download Instructions for Sharefile
Download ElectricAccelerator 7.2.0 from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the Electric Cloud Sharefile at https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com
- Navigate to the /products/accelerator/release_7.2/18.104.22.168608 directory
- Platform and architecture-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux directories.
Documentation is available on Zendesk Accelerator Documentation.
See the “Supported Platforms and System Requirements” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Accelerator 7.2 supports upgrades from all currently-supported versions. See the “Upgrade” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Contact Technical Support with questions about this release at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 408.419.4300 (option 2).
Contact Rohit Jainendra, Vice President of Products, with feedback on this or any ElectricAccelerator release at email@example.com.