Now Try It Yourself
In this module, you will learn how to download, import, start, and register the appliance. This tutorial includes the following information:
- Download the appliance.
- Log into the appliance.
- Register the appliance.
- Verify that it works.
If you need to install the appliance and either VirtualBox, follow the following steps. You can run the appliance in VirtualBox. Otherwise, skip to Step 1.
To install the appliance into the VMWare Player, go to Installing the Appliance into the VMWare Player.
Prerequisite 1: Download and Install the Appliance.
- Go to http://electric-cloud.com/downloads/electricflow/communityedition#.
- Click Download.
- Select the operating system for the appliance.
The .zip file is downloaded to your system.
- Save ElectricFlowCommunity-<version>.zip on your system.
Prerequisite 2: Download and Install VirtualBox.
- Go to http://www.virtualbox.org.
- Click on Download VirtualBox 5.0.
- On the "Download VirtualBox" page, click on the VirtualBox platform package for your operating system.
The VirtualBox installer is downloaded.
- Install VirtualBox on your system.
Step 1: Import the Appliance in VirtualBox.
- Go to where you saved the .zip file, and extract the files in it.
- Double-click on ElectricFlow-<version>.ova.
- In the Appliance settings dialog box, click Import.
The pop-up box shows the status of the import operation.
It can take several minutes to download the appliance, depending on the system performance and the network connection to that system.
When the process is completed, the ElectricFlow appliance appears in the list with the other appliances installed in VirtualBox.
- Select the appliance and click Start to run it.
When the appliance installation is complete, a terminal window opens.
Step 2: Log into and Register the Appliance.
Starting from the terminal window:
- Enter ecloud as the user ID and ecloud as the password.
The appliance is now running.
- Go to http://localhost:7070/register to register the appliance.
- To create your account, enter the following information and click Next.
ElectricFlow user interface (UI) opens.
- Enter information in the Additional Information dialog box and click Done.
Step 3: Verify that the Appliance Works.
- Enter your user name and password to log into ElectricFlow Community Edition.
- On the Home page, click the links to go to the child pages and go through the UI.
- If you click Applications, the Application List opens.
From here, you can click on the application name (jpetstore-app) to see what's in the application or the application processes in jpetstore-app.
For more information about the child pages, see the other videos, including:
Please use http://localhost:7070/flow to log into the product next time.
Watch the other tutorials to learn more about ElectricFlow and how to use it to create and run application deployments.
To learn more, go to learn.electric-cloud.com.