ElectricAccelerator 11.0 introduces several new capabilities that dramatically shrink development cycles and enable software engineering teams to improve software quality while releasing more frequently. The 11.0 release introduces plug-and-play support for accelerating embedded Linux builds based on Yocto project, buildroot and Android platforms. This release also introduces cloud bursting for both AWS and Kubernetes environments, enabling customers to optimize infrastructure utilization and costs without compromising performance.
Out-of-the-box support for accelerating Embedded Linux builds
This release improves the out-of-box support for Android by adding support for the latest Android version (Android v9.0) and extending support to the LineageOS Android distribution. It introduces drop-in support for embedded Linux builds based on the Yocto Project and buildroot, accelerating the embedded Linux builds through both distribution and caching.
Simplified resource management and Cloud bursting for optimizing infrastructure utilization
- This release simplifies, consolidates and streamlines resource management capabilities in Accelerator to enable customers to optimize their infrastructure utilization and costs without compromising performance.
- Out-of-the box support for cloud bursting is introduced for both AWS EC2 and Kubernetes environments. Resources can be extended to allow “cloud bursting” functionality to spin up agents dynamically when the demand exceeds the capacity of statically configured agents. .
- This release provides finer control over cloud configuration by letting you control cloud settings (e.g. instance types) on a per resource basis.
- This release provides improved reporting about agent and cluster utilization through improved tracking of resource statistics.
Improved Android Build Support
ElectricAccelerator now supports the latest version of Android P. Kernel builds and incremental builds are faster with this release.
Additional Platform Support
ElectricAccelerator now supports the following platforms:
- CentOS 7.4 and 7.5 (64-bit)
- Debian 9 (64-bit)
- RHEL 6.10
Supported Platforms and Configurations
See the “Supported Platforms and System Requirements” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator 11.0 Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Electric Cloud recommends that all customers upgrade their ElectricAccelerator components to version 11.0. This includes the Cluster Manager, cluster nodes (agent machines), and all local eMake build machines. See the “Upgrading ElectricAccelerator” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator 11.0 Installation and Configuration Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Download ElectricAccelerator 11.0 from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site using either:
- You may click here to reach the 11.0 installers directly
- Using your personalized login to Electric Cloud Sharefile (https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com) navigate to the following directory: /products/accelerator/release_11.0/220.127.116.11351/
Platform and architecture-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux subdirectories.
For More Information
See the ElectricAccelerator 11.0 Release Notes for more information about product improvements, resolved issues, and known issues. The release notes and other documentation are available at http://docs.electric-cloud.com/accelerator_doc/AcceleratorIndex.html.
Contact Technical Support with questions about this release at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 408.419.4300 (option 2).
Contact product management with feedback on this or any other ElectricAccelerator release at