Electric Cloud is pleased to announce the general availability of the ElectricFlow 9.0 LTS. This release is of the “Long Term Support” type. For more information about types of releases, please go to ElectricFlow Release Strategy.
Choose your own DevOps in ElectricFlow 9.0. Introducing a new personalized and simplified experience for users. New features like persona based views, personalized UI, and single sign on, customize and enhance the user experience.
Some of the highlights are:
Personas: tailored views for each DevOps role
ElectricFlow is a single unified platform that supports all DevOps use cases in one product, including application deployments, pipelines, release management, and DevOps Insight reporting. In ElectricFlow 9.0, we introduce a customized user experience for each DevOps role, with persona-based views. This provides separation of duties for all DevOps roles, without requiring multiple products.
Create and manage role-based personas and customize the UI for each persona, tailoring the menu options available for each unique DevOps role. Users will only see the menu options that are relevant for their role in a new easy to navigate menu layout.
Everything you need at your fingertips with a personalized user experience
In ElectricFlow 9.0 we introduce a personalized user experience, bringing what is important to each user to the forefront:
- The landing page when you first login to ElectricFlow is now customizable. Any page or custom view can be set as the landing page, so users immediately see what is important to them on login.
- The My Work page provides immediate personalized access to a user’s pending work, such as tasks and approvals assigned to them. This page makes it easy for users to quickly view and gain access to work requiring their attention and action.
- Users can easily mark any page or custom view as a favorite, and revisit the page through the new favorites dropdown – reducing unneeded navigation and clicks to get to the release, application, dashboard or other view that matters to them.
Single Sign On for seamless access to ElectricFlow
New Single Sign on support integrates with Kerberos enterprise SSO solution to access ElectricFlow without requiring a separate login. Users can approve gates with a single click from an email and view dashboards seamlessly, without worrying about facing yet another login screen and whether their session has timed out.
View Release progression with DVR-like rewind and fast-forward
We continue to enhance the Release Command Center DevOps Insight dashboard experience:
- New options to set the date range let users travel back in time and view a snapshot of the release at any date. This allows users to look at previous release performance and progression to draw comparisons and trends.
- A new integrated UI for configuring and editing the Release Command Center greatly simplifies the process of integrating your toolchain into the dashboard.
With new options for defining the inputs to a release or deployment, parameters can now be populated and displayed dynamically. Highly configurable options for how and when parameter options are rendered, provide the flexibility and power to create data-driven automation, with previous parameter inputs driving how subsequent parameters are displayed.
New Release and Pipeline Triggers
New options for triggering releases and pipelines, provide flexibility in how and when pipelines are run, such as seamlessly starting the CD pipeline as part of the CI process.
- New Git Webhooks allow users to configure releases and pipelines to be run automatically based on an event, such as a check in.
- New integrations to trigger releases and pipelines from ElectricFlow’s CI Engine, ElectricSentry, connecting development workflows to release workflows.
- EC-Kubectl – a new plugin to integrate with the kubectl command line tool to deploy and manage applications on Kubernetes.
- Azure tfs-extension: a new plugin available in Microsoft Azure Marketplace which can be used to perform Build Tasks from both Azure DevOps Server as well as Azure DevOps Services
- ECSCM-Git – add support for Github webhooks to trigger releases and pipelines
- EC-Websphere – New procedures for cluster management, and improvements to existing procedures and error handling.
- ECSCM Perforce, SVN and TFS plugins have been updated to trigger releases and pipelines in ElectricFlow
- Additional enhancements to EC-JIRA, EC-Artifactory, EC-ALM, EC-Jenkins, EC-ServiceNow, and more
Download ElectricFlow 9.0 LTS from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the Electric Cloud Sharefile at https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com
- Navigate to: /products/flow/release_9.0/220.127.116.11442 or click here: 18.104.22.168442
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the /products/commander/integrations directory
- Release notes and product documentation are available online: ElectricFlow Documentation
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricFlow Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Upgrades to ElectricFlow 9.0 LTS are supported from ElectricFlow 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.x versions. For complete upgrade requirements and instructions, please see the ElectricFlow Installation Guide
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the product management team at Electric Cloud for this or any ElectricFlow releases at email@example.com